FW Medical Ltd is a company registered and based in Scotland (collectively referred to as “we” or “us” in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at FW Medical, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. FW Medical is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
What data do we collect?
We will collect certain personal information from and about you in the course of your relationship with us.
This information includes your name, address, age, gender, contact details, location and payment card information.
We may collect this information from you when you sign up to receive emails from us, place an order on one of our websites, sign up for a voucher, enter into competitions, make a product enquiry (via email, letter or telephone), or otherwise correspond with us.
How do we use your data?
We are processing your information:
- to be able to provide you with the information, or purchases that you request from us
- for marketing purposes (where you have agreed)
- to provide you with any product / service information that we think is in your legitimate interest to receive (such as product information / dosage updates)
- to administer any competitions / special offers you have entered or signed up for
We won’t use your information for any other purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
How do we ensure your privacy?
We don’t share your data with any third parties other than our partners who necessary to fulfil orders and requests. We always ensure that these partners are GDPR compliant. For information on any partners please contact us at [email protected] or on 0141 946 9956.
All data is stored safely and securely at FW Medical and only accessible by relevant personnel.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What are your rights?
The right to access your data – you can contact us at any time to access your information and request any necessary changes
The right to be forgotten – you can ask us at any time to delete the data we hold
The right to object – you can object at any point to the way we are handling your data
We will endeavour to respond to all requests within one month of receiving them.
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For FW Medical to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable FW Medical to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits silicol.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons; to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and again that you’re happy and satisfied. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, Campaign Monitor, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Campaign Monitor’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us directly at [email protected]
Who do we share information with?
If you have any questions about how FW Medical uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
– phone us on: 0141 946 9956 or email us at [email protected]
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.